Monday, January 2, 2012

Amazing Changes In My Life.........

......but why do I feel the same?
Its a little late right now dear friend so I don't have an image to help tell my story, but I figured it has been so long since I posted that I just want to get this out quickly and promise to blog more later.
     I finally decided to start telling those that matter that I am a Lesbian (hey it feels great to even post it here!).  
I have so far only come out to a few of my cousins I am closest to, havn't told my 18yr old son yet although I suspect he already knows, or at least would not be stunned by the declaration.
What he knows as well as my disabled son is that I am and will always be the best mother I can be and that will never change or be affected by anything or anyone in my personal life.
It reminds me of something I once read about people with disabilities or severe disabilities such as my 17yr old has.  People that need much in physical care and feelings of security, don't have the hang up of whether someone is gay, strait, black or white, it matters more to them that the very fundamental need of being cared for and treated well, and loved if at all possible is more important than anything.
I have that tatooed in my mind.
     Getting ready to start my Master's program now that is what I have alot of anxiety about!
Otherwise, life pertty much is the same.
There is so much more I could talk about right now but I will close now to try to get a little sleep. and I promise to talk more about where I am headed and what I want to do with my life now at age 53, thanks for reading.


Take Good Care,  Love Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment