Friday, March 11, 2011

NOT A FEEL GOOD STORY FOR ME & I AM NOT ALONE!

MobilityWorks

MobilityWorks
810 Moe Drive
Akron, OH 44310

1-866-711-5072
website
line
View Video of
Chris Medina at MobilityWorks
View ABC7 News Video
Watch the video taken by ABC News Channel 7 in Chicago.
View Video.
It has been awhile since I posted something, but this story really bothers me on a very personal level!

I made it a point to reply to an email that was generated to me from this company, the very company that has denied me the purchase of a wheelchair accessible van, even an old one, over the years.

Grant it there were and are credit issues, I am the first to admit that however, I wanted to emphasize to this company that it is a sort of slap in the face of so many families like myself who are in poor credit status due to having to care for someone with severe disabilities, and that is only the beginning of the sacrifices made because of caring for a loved one with many issues.

Dealerships that sell these vans, are generally few in any given area, as there are only 2 in my area (and still a distance), and are the only places where these types of vehicles can be purchased.
I realize that it is a business, and they wanted to promote the company, however, when I think of all of the families that I know personally, with some situations even worse than my own, who could also use a little break, whether it is a van or some other item necessary to caring for the individual, this story is a reminder of the unfairness in life.
    
     A reminder to anyone that is caring for someone with a severe illness or disability.  Our day to day, is because we are trying to meet the challenges and avoid the options of placing the person in some type of facility to be managed and given custodial care, and in many cases rely upon the government tax dollars.
It is a sacrifice that very few asked for, but accept, and we are trying often giving up who we are in the process.
       The efforts that this once American Idol contestant made is worthy of recognition, and perhaps had Mobility Works not used it as a marketing source to boost their overpriced vehicles that in this day and age not many people can afford, I personally may have been able to go on and not be so disheartened by it all.

But the last thing I want to see, as my on w/c van is about to fall apart is to have this company that I have tried and tried to work with in the past, generate an email to me about the wonderful thing they have done as a company!

Sorry, but not feeling it!
Debra A Reaze

No comments:

Post a Comment