Thursday, December 16, 2010

Unit 10: Rating Myself....Again.

 Well here we are in unit 10, and here I am again after 12 midnight on my blog and eating Sour Punch Straws (candy), I know, I know, I know!
But once again I will reflect on my spiritual, physical and psychological well being.
Taking a look at back at unit 3, I am still rating myself around a 6 due to just not finding the time or energy to exercise like I need to, as in about 6 hours or less I have to get up and get my disabled son ready for the school bus at 7:30am.
He is just about as tall as I am now but unable to bear his own weight.  Are these excuses, sure they are!  But what I realize is that my goal has more to do with time management, and needing to get more rest and schedule exercise as an essential part of my day.
                                                                   **********************************
As I have discussed before, if I believe nothing else, I do believe that a routine exercise/yoga routine, and yes some form of meditation which may or may not include Dacher's  method, is what will be the catalyst to virtually everything else that I am doing or that I will do in my life.  There is just an overwhelming amount of validation to the benefits of exercise, but I still have to be realistic about rating myself and I don't feel that I have gone far beyond around a 6 in all three areas, even after this course.
                                                 **********************************
Now that I have had to set up this blogsite, I feel that it has opened a door for me to discuss some of those crossroads or excuses that I use to not exercise, and get feedback.
And I now can openly discuss other issues I find important, so possibly these are the small steps needed to get to that higher rating.
                                                **********************************
One last thought I'd like to share, late this evening while finishing up some class work and listening to a show I watch 'The Last Word' hosted by Lawrence ODonnell, MSNBC
he talked about a trip he took to Malawi, Africa and how it changed his life.
This was powerful for me listening to the story and it gave me as someone who loved traveling and learning about other cultures a moment to remind myself about what is really important.
Have a great holiday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Debra
    Sometimes it takes somethings to make a run in life, you look to have that it to make a run. I just want to find just a little bite of it. Its good for me and many others to hear and in our mind feel what other are doing. I just wanted to say thanks for everything the class and I wise you and your all the best, God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you keep up this blog, I will check back in a few months to see if you do :). You have a lot on your plate and I am sure that after the physical work of caring for your son you feel like you have had a workout! Practicing yoga might be just the thing for you. It can strengthen muscles and aid in flexibility-two necessary things for a caregiver.

    Best of luck to you, and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so learned to enjoy the blogging process! I was quite apprehensive with this type of school work to begin with. I have learned a lot from everyones elses blogs and plan to keep following everyones blogs in the future. I also have learned that I must take care of myself. Keep up the great work and I hope you continue with your blogging!

    ReplyDelete